The Return of Sir Shocks-A-Lot

Fellow Pilots,
You CAN run five Spectres, but you don't have to.  If you like Lancelots, now is a good time.  The chubby old toaster received a good buff in 4.3, in terms of health, shield strength, and speed (ability cool down shortened).  With energy weapons being so pervasive, that front shield is incredibly helpful.

Back in May, we made the case in a post for Pixonic that Lancelot was a good gunboat for the longer range energy weapons - Dragoon or Zeus, Shocktrain or Scourge.   And somebody who stumbled across that video yesterday replied:

"in which league did you play this game? ... you have rare and ineffective combinations, in any case you do more damage because you are mk2 12 ... from what I saw you play in low leagues ... those rare combinations do not work with people who can play ... DO NOT TAKE IT TO EVIL THAT IS WHAT I BELIEVE."

First of all, I didn't have anything at MK2/12 at the time - the Zeus and Dragoon were MK2/10, Scourges were MK2/8, and Shocktrains were level 8.  In fact, they are STILL level 8, because I HATE Shocktrains and the people who depend on them.  Five months down the road, I have leveled the Dragoons and Scourges all the way up.  Second, I have never been below Champion league for more than a couple days in Masters.  I have a second account that I use in Diamond, but all the gear is level six.

While I'm not sure what Sergio meant, exactly, by "DO NOT TAKE IT TO EVIL," I took it as a challenge, and brought Sir Shocks-A-Lot to the Champion League party this morning.  I had a FIELD DAY.  That's English for "I did anything I wanted and no one could stop me."  Here you go:


If you want to joust, avoid Sir Shocks-A-Lot.  Have a great Friday,
Captain Ahab the Obsessed


Faculty Notes
Please consider becoming a supporter of War Robots University.  Patreon makes it possible, and the U's backers become part of an exclusive Discord server.  Your screenies and video of in-game heroics will be immortalized; your in-game name shall strike fear in your enemies!


Become a Patron!


If you read the U's blog, hit the subscribe button here - top right - and at our YouTube channel!  We do not (and can not) spam or bother you.  You get an email notification when we post new content.  Email the faculty at warrobotsu@gmail.com.

Until the introduction of the Greek bots, Pixonic provided component items to War Robots University's professors/pilots for review.  The content of War Robots U is created and edited by its authors exclusively.  For an explanation of the relationship between Pixonic and the U, read this post!

The U is not just a blog ... we are also iOS clans #48669, #141459, and #139479.  We are always looking for champion-league pilots, and welcome skilled communicators from around the world.  


Comments

  1. Nice!! Love it when the unorthodox combinations kick butt. For instance I've always wanted to run a redeemer bulwark, but in general every person I asked about such a move advised against it as a really bad use of a bulwark. However after that crazy update 4.3 this thing is a MONSTER.

    I went up against four pilots in a squad the other day (all CL players) on Carrier, TDM. Not only did I deal 1.8 million damage with my bulwark alone (bot lvl 10, weaps lvl 12) but I was still alive in it at the end of the match. Of course a lot of it was me just getting ridiculously lucky, but in any ordinary match my bulwark redeemer is the best bot by far in my hangar, especially when I face lots of spectres (which is pretty much every single match).

    If you have the equipment to test one I would highly suggest doing so, and seeing if this thing really is just that amazing or if I'm just an odd ball. I think you'll be surprised at the results!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts