It's Time To Say Goodbye

 Fellow Commanders,

The game formerly known as Walking War Robots is a very different animal these days.  More to the point, so am I.  What used to be a blog about all aspects of our game is now, well, quite dated.  There are posts about the all-around utility of Lancelot and the total domination of dashing robots.  And recently, there are almost no posts at all!

So I think it's time to say goodbye.  I'm planning to tidy up a bit, and then cease the use of this platform.  Before I do that, I will leave a few final posts consisting of ideas that are intended to be universal - no matter what Pixonic does to rape your wallet or mangle the game.

First and foremost, our game remains about territory control.  Even if the beacons are not lit, and you are in the tedious "death match" mode, you are actually fighting over the best parts of the map.  For those who wish to win, the recommendation from the U remains immutable: own those beacons!  In the video below, I've used a group of slippery, fast robots to harass the enemy team so they wind up fighting deep in their own territory.  On any map, flanking maneuvers force your opposition to move, and to change their direction of fire.  This allows your teammates to attack against fewer enemies and reduced firepower - always a good thing!


Thus, we shall add to the basic rules of survival:
  • Don't mech out.
  • Exploit favorable matchups.
  • Play the fastest hangar you can.
  • Control territory by any means necessary.
Your humble servant (retired),
Dr. Yat


Faculty Notes
If you read the U's blog, hit the subscribe button here - top right - and at our YouTube channel!  We do not (and can not) spam or bother you.  You get an email notification when we post new content.  

Until the introduction of the Greek bots, Pixonic provided component items to War Robots University's professors/pilots for review.  The content of War Robots U is created and edited by its author exclusively.  For an explanation of the relationship between Pixonic and the U, read this post!

The U is not just a blog ... we are also iOS clans #48669 and #139479.  We are always looking for commanders, and welcome skilled communicators from around the world.

Comments

  1. Sad to see you go, but I agree. I stopped play War Robots years ago when I could no longer stand the pay to win system. Good luck where ever you go and do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too old friend! I kept playing (obviously) but the system is ridiculous and I dropped out of that. So I lose a lot of games playing fun stuff. When it isn't entertaining anymore, I will show myself out ;-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts