The U On A Wrampage?!

Fellow Pilots,
War Robots University has some advice on chests to start the season - two months ago, we pointed out that not spinning gives the best possible combination of gold, silver, and bronze rewards with the keys removed as a winning possibility (only components and gold were awarded).  This previous season, I did it as recommended by some of the commenters here and on Reddit; I spun all my free chests, then used accumulated keys for silver chests until reaching the "superchest."  This happened with about ten days left in the season (it will vary according to the amount you play), and I won a Butch.  Butch is fun, but as you know, I already had one.  This, of course, is how it goes with random rewards.

This season, I'm running it a little differently, as the rewards in the chests have changed.  Gold is much more prevalent in free bronze chests, occupying perhaps 80% of the possible outcomes.  My strategy will be to use free spins to take time from upgrades (I have a bunch of robots including a new Butch to bring up to speed), and use the increased keys in supply drops toward gold chests.  Hopefully I can reach a super chest, and we'll see how that goes.

There's some new terminology in update 3.8 ... count with me.  One kill is ... a kill.  Two is ... a DOUBLE KILL.

Three is a TRIPLE KILL.  Nice.

You know where this is going.  Four is a ... "WRAMPAGE?"  Wrierd.

Reminds me of that time ...

And that other time ...
You know there was NO way Bahaa shahin was walking out there, right?

I think that any time THIS happens, some announcer-guy should yell "WRAMPAGE!"  As you can see, this was a perfectly timed Hellburner explosion on an Inquisitor who just arrived in the neighbourhood.

Wait, there's more!  If you kill five enemy robots with one of yours, you go from "WRAMPAGE" to  "GODLIKE."

Same with six, though they crippled me ...

And seven ... definitely an Old Testament smiting kind of GODLIKE.
They got tired of me there at the end.

Speaking of "wrampages," the faculty of the U and our Aurora Nova clan mates have been busy beating up on some of the War Robots heavyweights.  First it was clan #38, "Drunk Assassins," which is a stupid name.

Next on the hit list was clan #13, Universe Pro, which is a better name and a tougher group.  Maybe Perez really was drunk all day.

We take particular pleasure in harpooning whales like "MISSILE MK2," with his hangar full of Spectres.  Don't be fooled by gaudy ratings and high levels.  The U suggests toning the spend down a bit, at least until you master the robots you've got.

We even beat God.  That's Godlike for ya.

While production values remain pretty low, the U has a YouTube channel in a fledgling state.  Please click "Subscribe" to help get us off the ground!  Here's a typical Doc Yat battle in Domination mode on Valley.  One way to look at it is efficiency: just doing enough to get the win.  Another way to look at it is me getting lucky!  Despite a whale (pun intended) of a game from Dave's Not Here, my crew got the better of the battle.


In case you don't have time to watch, it's pretty simple - make your opponents fight for every beacon, all ten minutes of each battle.  Never concede, even when it looks bad.  I've been thinking about how to describe the optimum balance between patience and aggression, and was stuck on "aggressive patience" for a while.  But I knew nobody would "get" that.  A better way to say it: one should play patiently but always pressure the opponent.  Patient pressure.  Sounds like a way to dress a wound ...

Anyway, have a great week in the new season, and hopefully the fourth anniversary event will be fun to play.  Hit the Subscribe button here and on the YouTube channel!  As always, I remain your humble servant,
Doc Yat


Faculty Notes
Please consider becoming a supporter of War Robots University.  Patreon makes it possible, and the U's backers become part of an exclusive Discord server.  Your screenies and video of in-game heroics will be immortalized; your in-game name shall strike fear in your enemies!


Become a Patron!


If you read the U's blog, hit the subscribe button here - top right - and at our YouTube channel!  We do not (and can not) spam or bother you.  You get an email notification when we post new content.  Email the faculty at warrobotsu@gmail.com.

Until the introduction of the Greek bots, Pixonic provided component items to War Robots University's professors/pilots for review.  The content of War Robots U is created and edited by its authors exclusively.  For an explanation of the relationship between Pixonic and the U, read this post!

The U is not just a blog ... we are also iOS clans #48669, #141459, and #139479.  We are always looking for champion-league pilots, and welcome skilled communicators from around the world.  

Comments

  1. I never get the high kill rates, so I will never reach Godlike. I have been playing for over a year and a half so I only knew Domination. And accordingly I tailored my hanger to go after the beacons. I am often the highest Beacon-Capper or one of the highest on my team. Unfortunately with all of the new game modes focused on fighting it is harder for me to get the kills than others. But maybe one day I will be Godlike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe ... as you can see from the history, it does happen from time to time for me but FAR more important is getting the win. I usually average about 500K damage and 3 kills per match. Don't sweat the numbers. The new "GODLIKE" thing is pretty cool because before its introduction, you might not have even noticed getting kills in bunches. You may be more of a murderer than you think!

      Delete
    2. I only average about 2-3 kills a match. As I said I don't focus on kills, I try to go for the beacons.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts