War Robots University On The Road

Fellow Pilots,
In case you missed yesterday's post, we are looking for new game mode ideas.  I'll wait a week or so for all your amazingness to roll in and then submit to Pixonic.

Now for today: in the Aurora Nova family of clans, I've run a couple of fun events that we call "robot rodeos," with prizes for capturing screenshots of rare builds and battlefield achievements.  After these events, I leave my clan to award the gold to the winners, and I'm always surprised by the number of invites I get while I'm unaffiliated with my normal group.  Having done this before I began my now-universally read bloggeration, I know the invites aren't coming because of my huge fame.  The invites come because clans are always looking for good pilots!

So I decided to take the U on the road for a bit.

With Aurora Doctrina in the capable hands of Professor ZOSO, I've joined clan Xenocide (#19186 on iOS) in the hope of finding another group of skilled players who do two things: play in squads, and communicate using Discord.  So far, this clan is great.

In a mixed group of Aurora Nova and XENO pilots, we beat up on these poor Russians (I think?) with ease by swamping them on the beacons:


Then, of course, we ran into NOOBZ, which is NOT an apt description, and got wiped off the map in three minutes:


NOOBZ is populated by whale hangars and seal clubbers like this one (note the win rate):


But against normal opposition, it was all encirclement all the time - this is a quick grab of the left flank on Springfield, resulting in a very fast victory.


I felt a little bad for clan IRan, which only grabbed one beacon on Canyon before it got obliterated.  Note to Iran - you did better the second time, but make sure you move away from spawn with alacrity!


Of course, you can't run around in a squad of 5-6 for too long before you bump into Firestorm (HEAT) or Dirilis, and they crush you.  Even if you randomly get a Stoned Raider on your team.
\
All in good fun, I guess?

If you have a group that might be interested in merging into the Aurora Nova family of clans, send me an email.  Happy Friday!

Dr. Yat


Faculty Notes
If you read the U's blog, please hit the subscribe button here and at our YouTube channel!  We do not (and can not) spam or bother you.  You get an email notification when we post new content.  Contact us at warrobotsu@gmail.com.

The U is not just a blog ... we are also iOS clans #48669 [theU] for Masters/Champs and #139479 [U-2] for Diamond/Expert.  We welcome skilled communicators from around the world. 

Pixonic has provided component items to War Robots University's professors/pilots for review.  The content of War Robots U is created and edited by its authors exclusively.  For an explanation of the relationship between Pixonic and the U, please read this post!


Comments

  1. I was wondering if you could do a strategy guide for Powerplant? The map layout always confuses me and I never know which beacons to go for

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts